On Sat, Nov 11, 2000 at 06:41:50PM +0100, Wolfgang Pfeiffer wrote:
> I'm running RedHat6.1. and I am rather new to
> GNU/LINUX.
>
> I tried to update my current lynx-version by trying
> to install lynx-2.8.4-5.i386.rpm:
> This is what the machine says:

> # rpm -Uvh /home/user/lynx-2.8.4-5.i386.rpm
> error: failed dependencies:
>         libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.1.3) is needed by lynx-2.8.4-5

Just to give another angle as well: In cases like this I usually get the
SRPM instead of the RPM and rebuild that. In most cases the resulting,
new RPM will install without problem, as it will have been compiled
against the existing libraries.

HTH,

Thomas
--
             "Look, Ma, no obsolete quotes and plain text only!"

     Thomas Ribbrock | http://www.bigfoot.com/~kaytan | ICQ#: 15839919