On Mon, 17 Dec 2001, Stephen Liu wrote:

> INIT : Switching to runlevel : 3
> INIT : Sending processes to TERM signal
> tStarting automount : No Mountpoint Defined   [OK]
> Starting lpd : No printers Defined            [OK]
> Starting Wine                                 [Failed]
>
> then the PC halted.
>
> I force-re-set (re-started) the PC.  It halted again at the same point.

Boot into single mode  (press 'e' to edit your kernel arguments at GRUB,
select the "kernel" line, pres 'e' again, and add the word "single" to the
end of the line.  Hit enter, then 'b' to boot)

Use 'ntsysv' or 'chkconfig --level 3 wine off' to disable wine in the
startup sequence.  If that lets you boot... apply errata and make your own
decisions about what you need from wine.

--
If I had a dollar for every brain that you don't have,
        I'd have one dollar. - Squidward to SpongeBob