It's 18 Jun 98  16:13:22,
We'll return to [EMAIL PROTECTED] and All's
discussion of worng domain name in email header

 rw> I don't know if this a sendmail problem or network configuration
 rw> problem.

 rw> All mail that goes through my SMPT is referanced as
 rw> (user)@office.ohiocounty.net it is supposed to be
 rw> (user)@ohiocounty.net.  If I try to send mail to an account with
 rw> (user)@ohiocounty.net it gets returned to me (or whoever sends it).
 rw> Even the mail daemon has an address of
 rw> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

 rw> any suggestion on this?

By default, sendmail pulls out the hostname of the machine it's running
on and puts it in the from: header.  This is a common problem for dialup
users who fetch mail from a POP server, or networks where you want mail
to go to the domain, not the host.

If you use Netscape locally, you can fix it in Netscape.  If you use a
shell based mail agent (e.g. elm, pine), you can get sendmail to
masquerade as any domain you want.  In /etc/sendmail.cf, there is a line
to configure masquerading.  Simply add the desired domain after this in
the space provided for masquerading (the line beginning with DM) and
remove any leading hash (#) to uncomment the line.

DMohiocounty.net

Also, you'll have to add ohiocounty.net to /etc/sendmail.cw, if you are
running the machine as a mail server for a domain, so incoming mail to
ohiocounty.net is treated as local mail.

Finally, make sure you have the appropriate MX records in your DNS, so
other hosts know where to send mail for your domain.

Dialup users fetching mail won't need to to do the last two steps (since
their isp will be holding the mail), but instead, should make sure
important addresses such as MAILER-DAEMON and root aren't masqueraded
(don't want to go impersonating your ISP, do you? :) ).  There is a
space provided for this, which should be easily found from the comments
in sendmail.cf.

The Red Hat manual does have some examples of common configurations (at
least with RH 4.2 it did).

.. Enough research will tend to support your theory.