It's 19 Jun 98  20:05:23,
We'll return to [EMAIL PROTECTED] and All's
discussion of worng domain name in email header

 >  rw> All mail that goes through my SMPT is referanced as
 >  rw> (user)@office.ohiocounty.net it is supposed to be
 >  rw> (user)@ohiocounty.net.  If I try to send mail to an account with
 >  rw> (user)@ohiocounty.net it gets returned to me (or whoever sends it).
 >  rw> Even the mail daemon has an address of
 >  rw> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 >
 >  rw> any suggestion on this?

 rw> Well I don't except incoming mail other that an occasional return
 rw> receipt.  But I did (for the dial users) include a line that maps the
 rw> 'mail.ohiocounty.net' to the SMTP server. This also the dialin server,
 rw> ftp, www, etc. ...

No probs.

 rw> ;
 rw> ; Zone file for Ohiocounty.Net
 rw> ;
 rw> ;
 rw> @       IN      SOA     office.ohiocounty.net. root.ohiocounty.net. (
 rw> 1998042400      ; serial, todays date + todays
 rw> serial #
 rw> 8H              ; refresh, Hours, Seconds
 rw> 2H              ; retry
 rw> 1W              ; expire
 rw> 1D)             ; minimum TTL
 rw> ;
 rw> NS      office          ; Inet Address of NameServer
 rw> MX      10 mail         ; Primary Mail Exchanger
 rw> ;
 rw> localhost       A       127.0.0.1
 rw> ftp             A       192.168.1.1
 rw> www             A       192.168.1.1
 rw> office          A       192.168.1.1
 rw> mail            A       192.168.1.1
 rw> office_two      A       192.168.1.90
 rw> dial-up         A       192.168.1.100
 rw> ttyc0           A       192.168.1.101
 rw> ttyc1           A       192.168.1.102
 rw> ttyc2           A       192.168.1.103
 rw> ttyc3           A       192.168.1.104
 rw> ttyc4           A       192.168.1.105
 rw> ttyc5           A       192.168.1.106
 rw> ttyc6           A       192.168.1.107
 rw> ttyc7           A       192.168.1.108
 ~

 > Dialup users fetching mail won't need to to do the last two steps (since
 > their isp will be holding the mail), but instead, should make sure

 rw> I am thier ISP.  However, (to apply this) I guess your saying this is
 rw> not nesscary since netaddress.com (a free email server) will be
 rw> holding their mail.  I just relay it. A SMTP, that is all I do.

Depends on what email address they're going to be using.  You indicated
you wanted mail to be handled by ohiocounty.net".  Unless you have an
arrangement with your upstream feed for them to hold your users mail
(which I doubt if you're using only smtp), you'd need to setup a MX
record for this domain.

ohiocounty.net.  MX   10 mail

I'm not sure if the way you have it is legal, I use the syntax in my
example at work (the trailing dot means not to append the default
domain).

 > important addresses such as MAILER-DAEMON and root aren't masqueraded
 > (don't want to go impersonating your ISP, do you? :) ).  There is a
 > space provided for this, which should be easily found from the comments
 > in sendmail.cf.

 rw> thanks agin ;-)

I suspect my original solution (with the masquerading and
/etc/sendmail.cw) is one suitable for your situation.

.. If speed scares you, use Windows.