On Thu, 2006-01-12 at 15:05 -0500, Yoanis Gil Delgado wrote:
> On Thursday 12 January 2006 02:34 pm, you wrote:

> > > Consider the case where you type cat file1 >> file2.  This will produce
> > > a version of file2 for every 4k that is in file1, because (well I didn't
> > > look at the bash source, but I would guess) it appends in 4k incremental
> > > writes rather than one big write.  Versioning on file close makes more
> > > sense, but I suggest manual control using the ..../checkin pseudofile,
> > > and then we can reasonably make it the default plugin for the whole FS
> > > (write it so that it calls the other plugins so that when we change the
> > > other plugins we don't need to change your code to do it).  People who
> > > don't want versioning will simply never touch the checkin pseudofile.
> > > Make sure that for that case there is just an if statement condition
> > > check as overhead, and there will be no reason to not make versioning
> > > the default plugin that happens to do nothing unless you use the checkin
> > > pseudofile at least once during the life of the file.
> > >
> > > hmm, maybe ..../snap is better than ..../checkin ?  Well, let's decide
> > > that once the code is written....;-)
> > >
> > > Do you agree with my points here?
> >
>  Yes I agree with your points. Still, i will like that some files have auto
>  versioning.

Would you be able to enable auto versioning for an entire directory,
including all new files created in it? For instance I would like to
enable auto versioning on the /etc/ directory, so I can always track
changes to config files.

Also I assume it will track which UID makes the change?

--
Mike Benoit <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>