Isn't a restriction on "speech that is outrageous, and inflicts
severe emotional distress, where the speaker knows there's a high
probability that severe emotional distress will be inflicted"
unconstitutionally vague, suffering from all three of the Grayned
problems (risk of viewpoint discrimination in enforcement, difficulty of
telling when one is complying with the law, and resulting deterrent
effect)?  "'Outrageousness' in the area of political and social
discourse has an inherent subjectiveness about it which would allow a
jury to impose liability on the basis of the jurors' tastes or views, or
perhaps on the basis of their dislike of a particular expression."  (I
also think it's unconstitutionally even setting aside the vagueness, but
as in many instances the vagueness is such an important problem that it
makes it hard to do the rest of the constitutional analysis, since it's
so hard to tell just what speech the law will restrict, even if limited
to cases where plaintiffs are private figures.)