Yes, I think what Prof. Laycock says is also true.   And it's probably true
that if congressional action were needed, a change from 666 to 665a could be
included in a long list of technical corrections attached to some omnibus bill,
and no Member would even notice it.   But I'm not sure a court could order
Congress to do that, while a court could (at least more likely could) order the
Office of the Law Revision Counsel to make such a change.   But I suppose I'm
straying from religion and the law.

Art Spitzer