I find the court's argument strong here.  You pay a salary, you pay FICA, you
pay unemployment insurance, you pay pension benefits, you pay vacation time,
holidays, and so on.  And you provide health insurance benefits.  Some of those
who have health insurance will use contraceptives.  Just like some will use
their salaries for gambling, or fornication, or contraception, or alcohol, or
illegal drugs, or whatever else the religion of the employer thinks is wrong.
Health insurance is a benefit like any other, for purposes of this analysis.

Steve

--
Prof. Steven D. Jamar                     vox:  202-806-8017
Associate Director, Institute for Intellectual Property and Social Justice

"A word is not a crystal, transparent and unchanged, it is the skin of a living
thought and may vary greatly in color and content according to the
circumstances and the time in which it is used."

Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes in Towne v. Eisner, 245 U.S. 418, 425 (1918)