From: religionlaw-boun...@lists.ucla.edu
[mailto:religionlaw-boun...@lists.ucla.edu] On Behalf Of hamilto...@aol.com
Sent: Sunday, September 30, 2012 6:03 PM
To: religionlaw@lists.ucla.edu
Subject: Re: Court Rejects Religious Liberty Challenges To ACA Mandate

Mark--  Should it matter whether we are talking about blood transfusions or
abortion?  If Catholic institutions can win in the ACA cases on abortion, then
Jehovahs Witnesses should be able to not pay for coverage for blood
transfusions for their employees.  There is no persuasive distinction between
the two
that  I've heard yet, but no one has made the foray beyond
abortion/contraception on the list yet other than my earlier suggestion.

Marci

Marci A. Hamilton
Paul R. Verkuil Chair in Public Law
Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law