Mark Scarberry writes "We are on a slippery slope when we refer to someone
as seeking to have "the government[] ... authorize [it] to act on religious
beliefs in ways that harm others," when what is at stake is whether the
government can force that person to do something for others in violation of
religious conscience. This comes very close to saying that the government
authorizes whatever it does not prohibit."

Mark's concern is very apt in a world of lightly regulated relationships
between people who are not in a legally constructed relationship.  The
government does not "authorize" me to be rude to my neighbors when it fails
to prohibit the rudeness.  But the employment relation is a highly
regulated contractual one, with all sorts of legal duties imposed on
parties, especially on employers.  So if government prescribes terms for
that relationship -- e.g., provide a safe workplace -- then an exemption
from those terms is "authorization" to behave differently and alter the
contract to the detriment of the other party.
The minimum coverages -- contraceptive and otherwise -- are now effectively
part of the employment contract in firms with 50+ employees, and the only
ways out are 1) keep your pre-ACA plan, or 2) pay the assessable payment
for dropping or not obtaining coverage. (If you do the latter, your
employees can buy coverage on the exchanges, and they will get all the
coverages.)  An exemption from these minimum coverages "authorizes"
employers to do something different, and thereby deprive their employees of
the minimum coverages through either employment or purchase on the
exchanges.  The "grandfather" exemption, whatever else we say about it
(such as its design as a transition rule), also authorizes deprivation of
coverages, but NOT as a result of religious belief.  The Establishment
Clause limits the power of government to authorize employers to deprive
employees of minimum coverages (or other statutorily mandatory terms of the
employment relation) for reasons of employer religious belief.  (Maybe Mark
and others think Caldor is wrong; but if it's right, there is an
Establishment Clause problem here, and it doesn't go away just because
Hobby Lobby and Conestoga Wood have ignored it in the litigation thus far.)