From: religionlaw-boun...@lists.ucla.edu
[mailto:religionlaw-boun...@lists.ucla.edu] On Behalf Of Hillel Y. Levin
Sent: Wednesday, February 26, 2014 11:49 AM
To: Law & Religion issues for Law Academics
Subject: Re: Subject: Re: Kansas/Arizona statutes protecting for-profit
businesses

Doug:

What do you mean by the following: "Apart from marriage, there is no reason to
have religious exemptions for businesses from laws on sexual-orientation
discrimination."

There certainly are some religious people (I don't agree with them, but I could
give you their names and numbers) who would find it religiously problematic to
provide certain services to same-sex couples, including, for example, renting
them an apartment. Why is there "no reason" to accommodate such people if you
would accommodate the wedding photographer? Am I misunderstanding you?

On Wed, Feb 26, 2014 at 2:22 PM, Douglas Laycock