Hello Maryame,
I think Ambrose Boulos, meant 'Yala', 'wala' : which are derived from
'Alou'
Quoting Dr.Emile Maher at tape (1 or 2) of Copto-Arabica.

However, Yalla: as let's Go. was mentioned on the Book of Georgy Sobhy
Bey. As a derivative from the Greek word 'ELA', the link below is a scan
from the book.
Common words in the spoken Arabic of Egypt, of Greek or Coptic origin

http://www.coptic.org/language/georgy/3.jpg

Its Coptic equivalent is  'MARON' it is mentioned in the Gospel of
St.John Ch.14, also it's part of the Gospel reading of the TERCE prayer
of the horologion (Ajbeya)
http://www.geocities.com/remenkimi/terce.htm

On Fri, 25 May 2007 23:00:16 +0100