I find it very important to know which words in our daily spoken
language are of coptic origin since it can be a start to talk the
language... all those words are of the coptic language vocabulary and
we dont need to memorize it cos we already know it and we know how to
use it.
so why not take the chance...
I learned 5 languages through my life and the first step is always to
collect as much vocabulary as possible like the children..then people
start connecting the words..

Ougai.

--- In RemEnKimi@yahoogroups.com, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>  It is not an assumption matter in these matters - facts deleated
by historical or linguistic research is the thing that matters!
Anyway, it does not make me proud to find that common daily words in
Egypt are Coptic in origin!

> When can we mature as proud Copts who seek to develop their
language and make it spoken again rather than dwel in rediculous
matters like "Oh, do you know 'sham al naseem' is the Coptic 'itshom
enaseem'?!"

> Stop this juvenile attepmts. It doesn't matter if no trace of
Coptic has been left in the Egyptian daily used words. After all our
oppressors have always wanted to eradicate our language, and we,
idiots enough and lacking in nationalistic fervour, have allowed
that. What matters is that we revive our language as a nationalistic
project and not just an entertaining linguistic excercice.

> Peace! Iri passe (though it is Greek)!
>
> Imad Boles

invaded Egypt? Why do not we assume the other way; that they learned
from us (cooking, language, etc..). More research is required to
trace the origin of many traditions and words. Thanks.

> ?
>

> Kameal Mina
>

> From: "veeco81" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: RemEnKimi@yahoogroups.com
> Subject: [RemEnKimi] Re: Coptic word
> Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 02:22:06 -0000
>

> hi every body i have to tell you that this word ( yalla )also in
the
> turkish language mean the same because i have many turkish friends
and
> they use it in their dially dialect so i think we have take it from
> the turks when they was in egypt from along time ago and god bless
> all++++++++
>
> --- In RemEnKimi@yahoogroups.com, "maryame_georgis" <soquettes@>
> wrote:
> >
> > Hello,
> > I wanted to ask if the word "YALLA" used in the Egyptian dialect(
it
> > means let's go) has any coptic backgrounds. If it does, what does
it
> > really mean and is it used correctly until now?

> FREE pop-up blocking with the new MSN Toolbar MSN Toolbar Get it
now!

__
> Get a FREE AOL Email account with 2GB of storage.  Plus, share and
store photos and experience exclusively recorded live music Sessions
from your favourite artists. Find out more at
http://info.aol.co.uk/joinnow/?ncid=548.

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional