* Saša Janiška via Remind-fans <[email protected]> [2022-07-04 12:43]:
Thanks a lot for elaborate explantation...it makes sense to try migrating to
Radicale, although I'm not very familiar with deploying Python/WSGI etc.

Radicale ships an executable Python script (radicale) that you can simply run. There is some documentation here:

https://radicale.org/v3.html#running-as-a-service

Hmmm...does it mean that if I want to edit my files on my desktop machine (and
keep them under VCS), then Radicale server should run on my desktop instead of
the production server as it is now (running Baikal)?

Yes, or you would have to sync them between both systems somehow (syncthing or unison, maybe).

In that case I wonder how to make remind files available to DAVx used for
mobile syncing. Now, with Baikal server, the whole setup is on the production
server, while clients are either on the phone or on the desktop?

I'm not sure I understand the question but I guess it is answered by my comment above.

1) do you use radicale-remind for taskwarrior tasks as kind of easy storage
back-end instead of using Taskwarrior's taskd and/or do you have some app for
task management on the mobile phone which can take advantage of Taskwarrior's
data?

radicale-remind can use python-icstask to interact with taskwarrior. On my phone I use OpenTasks: https://f-droid.org/packages/org.dmfs.tasks/.

2) by moving calendar events to Remind/Wyrd, the only usage of Thunderbird (or
Evolution) for me would be handling/syncing my contacts, so wonder how do you
solve that part which could potentially eliminate my need to keep one of those
bloated apps on my machine?

I use abook for contacts, radicale-remind can sync them as well.

Cheers Jochen

Attachment: signature.asc
Description: PGP signature

_______________________________________________
Remind-fans mailing list
[email protected]
https://dianne.skoll.ca/mailman/listinfo/remind-fans
Remind is at https://dianne.skoll.ca/projects/remind/

Reply via email to