I have same problem with two Micor mobile radios and a homemade repeater.
Using TS32 and a TS64.   (PL 123 Hz- made it simple so I wouldn't forget) All
three have long delay time, about 500 ms or longer to key up xmtr. People
actually can say something and the repeater misses it completely.  I would
consider
replacing PL units from another manufacturer if it would solve the problem.
Someone long time ago said it was signal thruput time and suggested some cap
changes or something.  Didn't want to turn it into a science project. Other
repeaters don't have this problem.
Gary  K2UQ