I had the same problem with my TS-64 in my VHF Micor repeater. I had to use
the input filter on the TS-64 and it started to work as good or better than
the /\/\ decoder did. The discriminator audio has a lot of low frequency
noise that was causing the decoder to delay the decode about 400mS. After
the filter was used in took less than 100mS to decode.

I have not had a single problem after doing that.

Charles Miller.