Doubtful. They have no authority (or responsibility) for what the Corporate entity does, really. Nor do they make decisions for the Corporation.

The law recognizes the registered officers of an Incorporation as those responsible for its actions. In most cases.

The analogy would be if the membership voted (even in a "democratic" organization) to have the club do something illegal, it would still be the club officers who would enact (or not enact) those wishes, and be liable for them under the law.

Saying, "the members made me do it" wouldn't be a defense.

You choose to follow the member's wishes, or in the worst-case scenario, you are forced to resign and say you're unable to fulfil them.

Corporations, Partnerships, and so-called "Limited Liability" Corporations are all handled a little differently, both in general, and also in different jurisdictions.

For example, in aircraft partnerships, it's common to build those as an LLC and one should never say they "own an airplane". You say, "I own a portion of the incorporation that owns the airplane", if you're truly doing it right.

If someone hears you say you own the plane with Mr. X, and X had a bad day and put the airplane down through negligence through a roof into someone's living room, or worse, he loses it and decided to start dropping grand pianos on unsuspecting motorists from the airplane you jointly "own", and a lawyer can prove you treated it more as a "Partnership" than an LLC, his temporary lack of good judgement could mean your assets are seized until a judge decides your true relationship with Mr. X.

Far easier to just say "Mr. X crashed the corporation's aircraft" and hire your own lawyer to make sure you get your money back from the insurance company during the ensuing legal battle between the Corporation and Mr. X for the replacement costs of the aircraft.

Most ham club's biggest liability risk (to me anyway) of real losses comes on tower climbing day. I'm a pain in the ass about hard hats at our work parties and I bring extra, figuring that even retaining an average lawyer fir one hour would cost me more than buying everyone at the site a cheap Home Depot hard hat.

As just one example...

--
Nate Duehr
Sent from my iPhone