Dear All,

I fully agree with a lot that has been said about at least at increased
ESD's when you combined neutrons with X-ray's. Still there are more than
just a few cases where this is not the case but that is not the point. The
point 'how correct is the ESD?'. I think nobody knows the answer, the only
hint comes from the Durbin-Watson d statistics. A agreement parameter that
we are very happy to forget about. The values that I obtain for that
parameter indicates in most cases that the ESD's are underestimated.
I agree that often it can be related to problems with the background, but
still. We might think that we are determining parameters way more precise
than we are actually doing.

Best

Jaap

Jaap Vente