On Mon, 2018-11-05 at 16:39 -0500, Fred Gleason wrote:
> On Nov 5, 2018, at 16:17, Richard Elen <re...@brideswell.com> wrote:
>
> It's a matter of standards-compliance. The European Broadcasting
> Union has codified the standard audio storage format for use in
> professional broadcast storage and play-out systems. Rivendell (as
> well as many proprietary systems) adhere to these standards:
>
>       https://tech.ebu.ch/docs/tech/tech3285.pdf

Interesting.  According to the doc the BWF V2 standard accomodates EBU
R128 loudness metadata, which someone was asking about the other day.
Am I correct in interpreting that to mean than its OK to include
loudness metadata in the audio file, and it will be stripped and stored
in the DB, but the playout algorithm, so far, ignores it?

   JE

--
John Edstrom <johnedst...@firebare.org>
Firebare