Frank,

On Sun, Mar 1, 2020 at 8:45 AM Frank Christel <fjchris...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Drew,
>
> I am grateful for your instructions showing how to change the format
> Rivendell uses to internally save audio. But we’re fine with a default of
> PCM16, especially in 2020 when, as Fred points out, storage is cheap.

My mistake, I thought you wanted mp2 for storage on account of sorting your
library on a Pi... (Perhaps I was not paying close enough attention and
since that was what we did on our one Rivendell Pi test machine, I made an
unwarranted assumption somewhere.)

> Linear WAV has been the house standard at Public Radio Tulsa since the
> beginning of automated time.
>
> In my tests with importing various MP2 files, I did experience some
> anomalies. Most imported without problems, but after churning away, some
> displayed a “Internal error” dialog and wouldn’t load into a cart. These
> are MP2s which play fine outside of Rivendell.

If you know which ones they are, and there aren't too many of them, you
could try converting them to wav outside or Rivendell and then importing.

> Does Rivendell maintain an error log? I couldn’t locate it or generate one
> through the Reports module.

I am not good with Rivendell logging. Perhaps someone more capable can
answer.

> Frank

all the best,

drew