On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 6:35 PM, Daniel Stenberg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> This is also true if X is 'call the binsize card too often'.
>
> Thus, it doesn't matter if we agree on this X or not...

I agree, but I think the goal of this thread is to clarify for some people
exactly how important binary size is, by coming to a compromise, a
consensus, so as to avoid having the same argument repeatedly on a case by
case basis.

One way to reach this compromise is with a formal set of guidelines, which
take into account the figures and the situation, e.g. the 2.3 MB RAM target
that Paul points out. I personally do not know enough to draft these
guidelines, but I'm sure many of you are. Is it possible to quantify the
effects of binsize?