Will Robertson wrote:

For major releases (ie. 3.0, 4.0, etc) we could have more specific requirements, for example a UI rework or some other quite visible change.
Yes, major version numbers will more or less be reserved for something "of significance." We can figure out what such things are when they happen. This of course means if we don't see such a one in ~2.5 years, we may reach 3.10, 3.11, 3.12, etc. So we should probably make it clear now that it's Major.Minor, two distinct numbers, rather than just a single version number if we're going to allow this.