On Wed, 5 Nov 2008, Jonathan Gordon wrote:

I just wonder if it will start being pointless like the dailies?

For you and me and lots of others they will be pointless. For users they will be a means to get the latest stable version that is no more than three months behind the cutting edge.

Especially if the actually releasing part is scripted, then its just a repackaged daily anyway.

No. There's a one week freeze for bug fixes, a branch and another week of bug fixes. That's our way to make sure they're "stable" and not just a repackaged daily.

eventually we might lose interest

Well, "eventually" we might do a lot of things but I don't see this release plan to be a thing that has a high risk of getting abandoned soon. And even if we do give up the concept in the future, what's the harm?

--

 / daniel.haxx.se