How many channels do you need?

I have done sampling of RF at 900 MHz.  I sampled I and Q of the
signal after it was demodulated from the carrier and sent through a
mixer to produce separate I and Q channels.

Do you need two channels?  One for I and one for Q?

Also, since your carrier is 1 GHz and your IF 10 MHz there is a
mod/demod stage between your 1 GHz RF and your 10 MHz IF.  It is not all
done at a 'digital level'.  The mod/demod of your IF is all digital.

Your answer to the I and Q question will determine the type of ADC you
need.
- Kal Atwal.

----
http://www.rtlinux.org/~rtlinux/