On Mon, Nov 15, 1999 at 10:43:42PM +0000, John Storrs wrote:
> Sounds like you might be interested in my fast data acquisition and control
> project, centred on a generic PCI card design. I'm hoping to have a test card

Sonds like a great card. Two students at NMTech are working on
a project to use an Altera PCI board with some SRAM, two fat
FPGAs and a bunch of I/O pins, with RTLinux. We care currently looking
at communication only, but the plan is to move to DAQ once proof
of principle is in place.

> PCI development board from PLXTech. The application function in this case is
> fast data acquisition, with an 80Msps dual channel 8 bit ADC. This can be used
> for over- or under-sampling (the ADC has a 475MHz sample and hold). The card
> should provide a good test of the generic design, as well as an interesting
> application. This is an 'open design' project - I'll be publishing everything
> (CAD stuff, PLD code, software). More on this later.

Look forward to seeing it.

The big problem with all this is that there is little software for
generating state machines from Linux. What are you doing to program the PLDs?

----
http://www.rtlinux.org/~rtlinux/