On Sun, 14 Nov 1999, you wrote:
>Hi,
>     Iam working on a research project which requires real time data
>acquisition of the order of 20Mega samples /sec.... To be more specific
>I would like to know whether there are any LINUX drivers written to date
>for PCI based A/D cards of speeds above 20Msps... I will be extremely
>grateful if any body could give pointers to some product which is
>existing or some work happening in this domain...
>    The max speed of the A/D for which a linux driver exists, I could
>spot out was around 2 Msps...

Jithesh

Sounds like you might be interested in my fast data acquisition and control
project, centred on a generic PCI card design. I'm hoping to have a test card
ready for the upcoming RTLinux workshop in Vienna, Austria. The design uses a
Lattice 5000 series PLD to manage two SRAM buffers (front and back) plus
application specific i/o functions. The  test card is a daughterboard for a
PCI development board from PLXTech. The application function in this case is
fast data acquisition, with an 80Msps dual channel 8 bit ADC. This can be used
for over- or under-sampling (the ADC has a 475MHz sample and hold). The card
should provide a good test of the generic design, as well as an interesting
application. This is an 'open design' project - I'll be publishing everything
(CAD stuff, PLD code, software). More on this later.

John

--
John Storrs, Laboratory for Micro Enterprise
125 Culham 1 Site, Culham, Abingdon OX14 3DA, UK