Hi Nathann,

Would you mind taking a break and stop spreading FUD? You are not
being fair. I totally know and care about all the crap in the combinat
code. It hurts me everyday. More than you think. There is just a
bounded amount of manpower and not everything can be tackled at once.
There is a lot of Sage-Combinat code going into Sage and things *are*
progressing, including in the cleanup of old code. Just to cite a few
recent things that got merged recently or are very close to
completion:

- Tableaux cleanups coming in by Andrew
- Cleanup in the combinatorics code by Travis, ...
- Improvements to root systems by Christian, Mark, ...
- Cleanup of Symmetric Functions by Mike, Anne, ...
- Implementation of NonCommutativeSymmetricFunctions by Chris, Franco, ...
- Quivers and cluster algebras by Christian, Gregg, ...
- Category cleanup by Simon King and myself
- Lots of reviews done by Frédéric Chapoton and Hugh Thomas
- Tutorials by many

All of those are fully documented. Thanks everybody for your hard work!

There is also infrastructure work coming in step by step; yes it takes
time. Sorry, those are not things one can write in an afternoon and
just post and forget.

Yes we are a community. I am proud of that. We help each other, and
all contribute our *different* points of view and man power. No
consumer there.

Categories are nothing but abstract classes. You don't need object
orientation for your applications? Great, that's all fine to me, don't
use it. But don't complain on people that *need* it and use it.

The Sage-Combinat model is certainly not perfect, and I am happy
discussing the imperfections as long as it's not just repeating things
we all know (e.g. that we are slow on reviewing).

Now if you want to discuss this further, let's do this face to
face. But not now. I have 20 hours of teaching to prepare for next
week.

Nicolas M. Thiéry "Isil" <nthi...@users.sf.net>