Helloooooooooooooo !!!

> Would you mind taking a break and stop spreading FUD?

Ok, so let's get to work. I created #13742 yesterday and it is waiting for
a review :

> You are not
> being fair.

I know. You know. Florent knows. I always speak too much.

> I totally know and care about all the crap in the combinat
> code.

Right. This Permutation thing is waiting for a review right now. Then :

1) I will try to upload a patch this very week-end that changes the dfault
behaviour of Poset as mentionned there :

https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups=#!topic/sage-devel/qQzzZEh-JRo

And also (as expected) in the sage-combinat fork of that thread (only Dima
answered there)

https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups=#!topic/sage-combinat-devel/bfWbG54sedM

It will not be backward-compatible, and I will write to Sage-devel-combinat
to warn people about that.

2) I will also try to deal with this *&@#(@%(@#$ piece of code which says
that two Posets may not be equal even if they have the same hasse diagram.
This is *WRONG*, so it has to be changed, Wrong, and dangerous. And bad
code. Two Posets are equal if and only if their hasse diagram are equal. No
cached linear extension involved. Equality in Posets *HAS* to be valid.

> It hurts me everyday. More than you think. There is just a
> bounded amount of manpower and not everything can be tackled at once.

Nothing against lack of manpower, for as long as I see that everybody
honestly tries.

> There is a lot of Sage-Combinat code going into Sage and things *are*
> progressing, including in the cleanup of old code.

Yeah, there I was probably guilty of bad faith, but I am a regular.

> There is also infrastructure work coming in step by step; yes it takes
> time. Sorry, those are not things one can write in an afternoon and
> just post and forget.

Some things can, I assure you. This Permutation thing above, which was my
problem. Or the default Poset (facade) thing,  I do not expect it to take
more than a day. Or the other Poset thing. All those are very bad things
which take less than a day, and most probably less than an afternoon.
Perhaps you think that many bugs you know cannot be fixed as fast as these
but I can only talk for the problems I know, and I expect that those can. I
am totally sure that they are not the only ones.

> Yes we are a community. I am proud of that.

Sage is also a community. Do you feel like joining us ? :-P

> We help each other,

Err... When you have a Graph problem, you know that you can knock on my
door, and so you did several times. What you got the very day or the day
after when the code was not already available, is a track ticket with a
patch waiting for a review.
Like there : http://trac.sagemath.org/sage_trac/ticket/13664
Like there : http://trac.sagemath.org/sage_trac/ticket/12235

I told you about the three problems above. Nothing happened. Please observe
that I fix them myself, because I have to.

> Categories are nothing but abstract classes. You don't need object
> orientation for your applications? Great, that's all fine to me, don't
> use it. But don't complain on people that *need* it and use it.

You are being unfair too. There is quite a gap between Object Oriented
Programming and your Category cathedral. It's not just Object Oriented
Programming, and it is packed with subjective decisions you made. It's not
as straightforward as that.

> The Sage-Combinat model is certainly not perfect, and I am happy
> discussing the imperfections as long as it's not just repeating things
> we all know (e.g. that we are slow on reviewing).

I enumerated 4 points in my previous email. Point 3 is to me the most
important, but I always try to make questions that will be ill-received
look like things you can ignore. I honestly still do not see the point of
Sage-combinat considering its many problems. All 3 others are (methinks)
very legitimate. What do you think of them ? What can be done about that ?

> Now if you want to discuss this further, let's do this face to
> face.

Nicolas, can you tell me that there is ONE thing among those I said in my
email which I have not mentionned to you before ?
I told you that you had forked Sage. I told you that I thought you needed
WAYS to force you to send patches to Sage. I told you that the code was not
documented enough, I even spent days in Cernay WRITING the documentation of
combinat code. I told you about all this way before you read this email.

> But not now. I have 20 hours of teaching to prepare for next
> week.

Happy guy. While I have it easy, living in somebody else's place, and
looking for an appartment in Paris :-P

Nathann