On Oct 21, 10:36 am, "Justin C. Walker" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I see the same problem as others have reported, but I have no
> optional packages installed.  If I run 'gap_console()', and then
> 'LoadPackage("hap");', I get 'failed' as output.

Yes, that's as expected.  For 2.8.8, William (accidentally) made it so
that the interface/gap.py doctests require the GAP optional packages.
So they worked for him (because he had the optional packages), but not
for most other people.

This has been fixed in 2.8.8.1 (just released a few minutes ago).  So
you can do "sage -upgrade" to get the fixed version.  Or you can just
do:

sage: hg_sage.pull()

followed by "sage -b", and that should be a slightly faster way to get
the same fix.

Carl