Dear all,

Recently we released a library for counting graph homomorphisms [0] in
Sage. Due to performance and parallelism reasons, I was considering the
possibility of re-writing some/all of the algorithms in Rust. I found a
Rust library called `pyo3` [1] seems to be good for Python-Rust interop.

The latest post I could found is from one year ago [2], so I was wondering
what the current status of possibility of integrating libraries written in
Rust into Sage? Is the recommended approach still to make it an optional
package? For instance, what I have something in mind is like `addcombq` [3]
-- a Rust library which is callable from Sage/Python.

Many thanks!

Jing

[0]: https://github.com/guojing0/count-graph-homs
[1]: https://github.com/PyO3/pyo3