On Monday, June 3, 2024 at 12:41:41 PM UTC-7 Michael Orlitzky wrote:

On Sat, 2024-06-01 at 10:02 -0700, Matthias Koeppe wrote:
> we will soon add support for installing Python packages from
> platform-dependent wheels. This is needed for updating some Jupyter
> components that have started to use Rust (https://github.com/crate-py/rpds,

> a dependency of jsonschema).

The jsonschema package was being replaced by fastjsonschema in its
consumers the last time we ran in to this problem.

Could you share details regarding this? I'm not sure who "we" is in what
you write, but in the last Jupyter PR that I prepared, I had to use some
older versions of some packages to avoid pulling in the Rust dependency at
this point.