Michael, to make things short: The discussion is around these changes to
the `pyproject.toml` file
https://github.com/sagemath/sage/pull/38227/files#diff-0acbedc0b174ebec342997fdca9442a5486917ab04644da866213e97d2543604

which he claims harmonize the constraints with scipy (although scipy
actually declares a different numpy constraint). I'd argue that these are
incorrect as build-time requirements of scipy should not influence what
build-time requirements we declare for sage-the-lib. Matthias claims these
are needed for the system-site-package feature.

The claim by Matthias that such version constraint updates are standard
procedure seems to be invalid as well. Currently, the constraints for
cython and numpy are not synced with the built-time requirements of scipy
1.12 and the last upgrade PR of scipy (only a couple of months ago) also
didn't touch any of these versions
https://github.com/sagemath/sage/pull/37266.