On Wed, Aug 27, 2008 at 11:49 PM, Arnaud Bergeron <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> There is a strong possibility that for the next semester I will be
> working on the graphics area of sage.  I would working more on the
> visible side than the innards but that does not mean I will not touch
> the innards if need be.
>
> Currently I have these items that I think need work / I would like to work on
>
> - better implicit plot
> - volumetric rendering (like a contour plot, but in 3D)
>
> If you have any area involving graphics (that includes animations) or
> visualisation that you would like someone to work on, feel free to
> chime up.  I need more items to work on anyway.

These projects you have listed are great. I believe legends have been
requested before. I have no idea on how to implement them but they can be
handy for complicated multiple plots. Maybe colored lines for
2d plots and tiny colored squares for 3d plots could be used as keys
in the legend.

Generally, anything that makes it easier to visualize a volume of
integration would have a lot of use in teaching vector calculus. Maybe
this is included in volumetric rendering.