Good morning,

On 18 Sep., 02:46, mhampton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> All tests passed on my intel mac (10.4).
>
> -M. Hampton
>
> On Sep 16, 11:43 pm, mabshoff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Hello folks,
>
> > after 251 closed tickets here we go. This is rc5/final and likely
> > identical to the 3.1.2 release. There was an rc4 that never got
> > publicly announced since it had some Gremlins in it. As far as we know
> > there are no know build issues and doctest failures (assuming you
> > don't have Fink or MacPorts in $PATH). Give it a whirl and report any
> > issue as usual.
>
> > Sources are available at
>
> >http://sage.math.washington.edu/home/mabshoff/release-cycles-3.1.2/
>
> > Next up is 3.1.3 which should be not as drawn out, i.e. a quick bug
> > fix release. If you have patches in trac please check them out and
> > make sure they apply to 3.1.2 and pass doctests.
>
> > Cheers,
>
> > Michael
>
> > Merged in Sage 3.1.2.rc5/final:
>
> > #3534: William Stein, John Palmieri: plot -- fix circle example in the
> > documentation [Reviewed by Mike Hansen]
> > #3894: John Palmieri: in tutorial, live version, triple dots are not
> > visible [Reviewed by Mike Hansen]
> > #4063: Timothy Clemans: properly escape the titles of worksheets
> > [Reviewed by Mike Hansen]
> > #4133: Mike Hansen, Michael Abshoff: sage.math - sage 3.1.2.rc4
> > doctest failure in interfaces/maxima.py [Reviewed By Robert Miller]
> > #4130: Michael Abshoff: #4125 does not work on OS X 10.4 [Reviewed by
> > Robert Miller]
> > #4131: Michael Abshoff: unbreak sage-clone [Reviewed by Mike Hansen]
> > #4137: William Stein: add doctests for user_type() in avatar.py
> > [Reviewed by Mike Hansen]
> > #4138: Michael Abshoff: Sage 3.1.2.rc5: fix documentation build issues
> > [Reviewed by Mike Hansen]
>
> > Merged in Sage 3.1.2.rc4:
>
> > #925: Michael Abshoff: valgrind options to sage (sage -valgrind, sage -
> > callgrind, etc.) should be more customizable [Reviewed by Robert
> > Miller]
> > #1915: Alex Ghitza: infinity doesn't behave well [Reviewed by John
> > Cremona]
> > #3563: Michael Abshoff: make "def atlas()" deal with the Accelerate
> > Framework on OSX [Reviewed by Robert Miller]
> > #3675: Michael Abshoff: upgrade optinal valgrind.spkg to the 3.3.1
> > release [Reviewed by Robert Miller]
> > #3847: Alex Ghitza: can't make vector of ints [Reviewed by John
> > Cremona]
> > #4097: Robert Miller: matrix automorphism groups [Reviewed by David
> > Joyner]
> > #4119: Martin Albrecht: doctests + fixes for SymbolicData interface
> > [Reviewed by Mike Hansen]
> > #4121: Robert Miller: correct the translation for automorphism groups
> > of graphs with edge labels [Reviewed by Mike Hansen]
> > #4122: Michael Abshoff: build python without pymalloc for
> > SAGE_VALGRIND, add sleep(3) for parallel make install issue [Reviewed
> > by Robert Miller]
> [...]

on my Intel Core2 Duo MacBook box (MacOS X 10.4 / Xcode 2.4.1) with
2.0 GB of RAM I get:
make:
build successful

make test:
all tests passed

make testlong:
all but two tests passed,
the well known "sr.py" and "ell_finite_field.py", which both run into
"...mysterious error" as seen e.g. in rc3 before

on my PPC PowerBook box (also MacOS X 10.4 / Xcode) with 768 MB of RAM
I get:
make:
build successful, after more tha 900 minutes, i.e. 15 hours  :-)

make test:
this time, it hang again in "calculus.py"; obviously due to low memory
again the
"maxima crashed -- automaticall restarted" thing, which then does not
seem to be able to "automatically restart" sporadically

I did shut down the PPC box, rebooted it afresh and restarted "make
test", but then I had to leave.
Hopefully I have more info this evening, maybe it even the testsuite
runs through this time ...

Cheers,
gsw