On Sep 20, 11:12 am, "Justin C. Walker" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi Justin,

> Although I was able to build 3.1.2 on a (32-bit) 10.5 system, I can't
> build it on my 64-bit 10.5 system.  I've tried 4 times.  Three, it
> blew up installing python (_md5 import failed);

This is a known issue that I thought I fixed by adding a delay before
doing the install test, but I guess it does not work for you. I plan
to remove the install test since it causes failures on Cygwin, i.e.
the dreaded DLL rebase issue. For now you can build Python without
parallel make and it should work.

Malb also reported problems with numpy+parallel make, but since it
uses distutils I fail to see how it can blow up. Can you see if not
parallel make solves the problem for you?

> and once when
> installing numpy (no module named math).  I've put two of the logs in
>     sage.math.washington.edu:~justin/logs
> as sage-md5.log and sage-numpy.log
>
> Since one time it blew up on numpy, the md5 issue seems to be a red
> herring.  To make sure I wasn't having hardware problems, I built both
> 3.1.2 and 3.1.1 on two different disks.  Same results:
> - 3.1.1 built w/o problems
> - 3.1.2 build did not complete
>
> I also checksummed the tarballs on the two systems to make sure they
> were the same (they were).
>
> Any clues?

Cheers,

Michael