At the risk of stating the obvious for some people, the TeX
processing, including defining new forms,
 is directly available in Maxima, without the overhead of Sage.

For example,
texput( riemann,  "{\\mathcal R}")$
 followed by tex( .... expression with riemann...)   --> tex stuff.

While I have not followed the latest releases of Sage, Maxima has the
following attributes which I think may not be shared with Sage.

1. You can download a windows installer for Maxima from sourceforge.
2. The default version of Maxima runs in GCL, which tends to be
substantially faster than other versions (like the one used by Sage?)
3. You can load the very latest version of Maxima.
4. There is a rather nice front end, wxmaxima, which includes
typesetting, plotting, etc.

There are relatively modest facilities for number theory,  and group
theory in Maxima.

On the downside of this tex-generator stuff, I would like to point out
(as the author of the original version in Macsyma)  that the exact
form of the generated TeX depends on the ordering of terms by the
automatic simplification programs.  For all but the very simplest
expressions it is likely that a human would wish to see the result
tweaked somewhat to be "publication quality".

 If this has not occurred to you, consider the display for expressions
m*x+c,  x+c*m,  e=c^2*m, f=a*m ...

RJF