brandon.bar...@gmail.com wrote:
> Actually this seems to be an issue with it trying to link to the
> system mpfr.  Shouldn't sage built its own mpfr?

I agree with you it looks like termcap is linking to the wrong library,
but it does appear that gcc has generated an internal error. That is
another issue altogether.

Looking at the output you showed some time back of gcc -v, I note

with-gmp-lib=/usr/local/lib --with-mpfr-include=/usr/local/include/
mpfr --with-mpfr-lib=/usr/local/lib

That means gcc was built with those libraries present. If those
libraries are no longer present, or gcc is not finding them, then gcc
will generate an internal error. That is what is happening below.

You could try adding /usr/local/lib to your LD_LIBRARY_PATH and seeing
if that fixes it.

Until you have a compiler which does generate internal errors, you have
no chance of Sage building. I suspect your compiler is not finding mpfr
of gmp in /usr/local/lib

Dave