brandon.bar...@gmail.com wrote:
> I did try setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH but this resulted in the same
> problem.  I even tried temporarily changing the ld.config search order
> with crle (the solaris cousin of the linux ldconfig) from:
>
> /lib:/usr/lib:/usr/local/lib
>
> to:
> /usr/local/lib:/lib:/usr/lib
>
> But this didn't help.  Perhaps If I rebuild gcc with this, this
> linking configuration ...
>
> Could you post your gcc configuration (gcc -v) that you use on your
> SXCE machine whenever you have a chance to?
>
> Thanks,

I would look at all the binaries in gcc and run 'ldd' on them. See if
any need some libraries they can't find.

I'm not sure if my gcc config will be much good to you at all. It is
only the standard install from SXCE - I've not built a new one. But it
refuses to do much towards building Sage anyway. MPIR is failing, with
the same error someone reported on FreeBSD earlier.

The way I have build gcc on SPARC and managed to build Sage is like this.

First run:

$ export ABI=32

1) Download the latest GMP - build with the gcc supplied in /usr/sfw/bin
(version 3.4.2). Install GMP /usr/local

Make sure all tests pass.

2) Build mpfr, again install to /usr/local. Again make sure all tests pass.

3) set LD_LIBRARY_PATH to /usr/local/lib

$ mkdir build
$ cd build
$ ../gcc-4.4.1/configure --prefix=/usr/local/gcc-4.4.1-sun-linker/
--with-as=/usr/ccs/bin/as --without-gnu-as --with-ld=/usr/ccs/bin/ld
--without-gnu-ld --enable-languages=c,c++,fortran
--with-mpfr-include=/usr/local/include --with-mpfr-lib=/usr/local/lib
--with-gmp-include=/usr/local/include --with-gmp-lib=/usr/local/lib
CC=/usr/sfw/bin/gcc CXX=/usr/sfw/bin/g++ LDFLAGS='-R /usr/local/lib -L
/usr/local/lib'
$ make
su
# make install

To use it, one needs to have the LD_LIBRARY_PATH to include

/usr/local/gcc-4.4.1-sun-linker/lib

and /usr/local/lib

There ARE better ways of building gcc on Solaris. Denis of BlastWave is
probably the best person to ask, as his builds do not need any messing
around with LD_LIBRARY_PATH, but personally I've never managed it.

I find building gcc on Solaris a pain.

Dave