rjf wrote:
> From the proposal
>

> .... and which has sophisti-
> cated interfaces to nearly all other mathematics software, including
> Mathematica, Maple,
> MATLAB and Magma. ...
>

> Maxima just gets no respect. :)
>

> Most of the facilities mentioned are already in Maxima.

[...]

You are so funny. You remind me of the sour old men in the public of
the Muppet show. Complaining all the time, but not looking what's
really happening.

Exactly four years ago we had a discussion on sci.math.symbolic. You
predicted a short life for Sage, being an "elephant with feathers"!

But see! Sage is doing very well. I will not predict the extinction
of lisp based CASes, but in the Darwin Year we all may consider
the evolutionary principles of "the survival of the fittest".

Sage is definitely not the mastodon with feathers, doomed not to survive.
Sage is very much alive and kicking.

Four years ago I had a proposal: "Shall we join the party". It still stands.
Maybe you can put sarcasm aside and open your eyes (and mind) for the the
real value of Sage:

>  "Sage provides the capabilities of a wide range of open source
> mathematical and non-mathematical software, such as GAP, JMol, Maxima,
> Numpy, Pari/GP, R, Scipy, Singular, Tachyon and Twisted, to name just
> a few of them. In addition, Sage provides features that were not
> available in open source before, based on several hundred thousand
> lines of new code."
(cited Simon King)

Best wishes,

Jaap Spies