On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 1:04 PM, rjf <fate...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > "venerable" Maxima is mentioned once, suggesting that the only thing
>> > it can do is symbolic integration and numeric integration.
>> > Actually, while Maxima includes library access to Fortran methods, it
>> > is far inferior to what could be done in numeric integration,
>> > as demonstrated by recent Mathematica versions. You would hardly get a
>> > hint that 75% of the sage-support messages are about Maxima.
>>
>> No they aren't.
>
> I have supplied the calculation already.  Open up a sage-support
> window. There are 3480 or so messages. Now search for "maxima" and you
> will have a hit on 75% of them.

That metric does not give 75%.     This page shows that there are a
total of 16521 messages in sage-support:

   http://groups.google.com/group/sage-support/about

Searching maxima yields 2620 results:

http://groups.google.com/group/sage-support/search?group=sage-support&q=maxima&qt_g=Search+this+group

We have

   2620/16521 = 0.158586042007...

or "about 16%".

CAVEAT: I don't trust Google groups search results.   Take the above
with a grain of salt.

William