the wiki promise was written by myself alone, and I think it should be
changed. I think there will be very few (or  no) people that will desire to
compile sage 9.0 with python 2. And 9.1 even more. People that want to be
up to date do not care about py2.
I therefore strongly vote for the immediate drop of python2, and for
removing the promise that 9.1 will be py2-compatible