Hi all

On Jun 12, 7:41 am, Robert Bradshaw <rober...@math.washington.edu>
wrote:
> No, but I believe there are several Python packages that do this that
> you could install into Sage. (There was talk about adding this at one
> point, what is needed is a good list of all the best open-source
> packages out there and a discussion of which one to choose and why).

I want to mention that I started a discussion about this same topic a
couple of months ago:

http://groups.google.com/group/sage-devel/browse_frm/thread/ae18ce618abd66d2/649bd604d0fd20c9?hl=en%CA%89bd604d0fd20c9

as you can see, I already tried to provide a list of all the best open-
source packages out there, I also proposed a couple of
modifications... I was actually quite interested in that stuff.
Nonetheless, there was not enough interest in the community, maybe, so
that discussion ended without any concrete effect.

I am willing to give new life to this discussion :) I am wondering
whether a brainstorming system (like the one adopted by Ubuntu -
http://brainstorm.ubuntu.com/ ) could be useful to catch the
community's needs :)

Regards

Maurizio