On Jun 11, 11:41 pm, Robert Bradshaw <rober...@math.washington.edu>
wrote:

> No, but I believe there are several Python packages that do this that
> you could install into Sage. (There was talk about adding this at one
> point, what is needed is a good list of all the best open-source
> packages out there and a discussion of which one to choose and why).

I'm going to suggest that interested parties just write a new
package for Sage, after reviewing existing packages, instead
of trying to bolt one of the existing packages onto Sage.

Unit conversion and dimensions analysis isn't very complicated,
so it's probably easier to just write it anew.
The existing packages have various features, so someone
can just pick and choose the features they want.

Shameless plug --- I wrote the ezunits package for Maxima,
which makes extensive use of symbolic computations,
and has a very convenient syntax for annotating units
and for unit conversions, and some interesting random
features; I like this one:

10000 ` m `` [mile, yard, foot, inch];
 => [6 ` mile, 376 ` yard, 0 ` foot, 608/127 ` inch]

Maybe ezunits can a source of some inspiration.

FWIW

Robert Dodier