>Aley Keprt wrote:
>> (As you know, you cannot assign one suffix to several programs in Win32.
>
>There can only be one associated application to handle a double click, but
>there's no reason why we can't use a shell extension DLL that adds one or
>more items to the context menu when you right click on a .DSK file. We just
>need to be able to recognise which files are for us - we can even have
>different icons for both cases too.

I have another idea.
We can register DSK for Sim Coupe.
And if SimCoupe consider one particular file as non-Sam one, it can call
ZX32.

>> And since Win32 is the main op.system in the world, we should follow its
>> rules.)
>
>Be careful with statements like that! ;-)  Personally I prefer Linux to
>Win32, but unfortunately I work all day under M$ Windows and most of my
>games only run under it, so Win32 stuff is just more convenient!

You and everybody here and everywhere can prefer anything.
But neither you nor I can change the state of things: Win32 is the main
platform
now. And I think it will be some years yet.
Maybe Win64 (Microsoft's new platform) will change the things some years
later,
also Linux may take the market in the future. But now we should stay on the
ground and support Win32.
And I don't think I must leave sam-users only because I wrote truth.
Or should I?

regards,
Aley Keprt