At 5:21 pm +0100 29/3/99, Psycho Billy wrote:

>> How do you mean, "PD yet?"? Copyright will not expire, as such,
>> until 72[1] years after the copyright-holder's death.
>
>Sorry pedant ;-) - I meant has Colin declared any issues PD, and if
>not, why not? There can't be much sales volume in issues 1-50 can
>there?

Well like I said, I think issues 1 to 12 are on ftp.nvg already but I doubt
there are plans to upload any more. It's all a very hazy area, but to
declare those FRED issues as PD would be changing the legal status of some
of *my* software. I'm not sure that decision would be in Colin MacDonald's
hands, not unless he'd contacted every author of every program on every
issue.

Andrew

--