At 2:21 pm +0000 25/3/99, Aley Keprt wrote:
[>Gavin Smith wrote:]
>> Agreed! Although it's still quite hard to get SAM formatted disks
>> from my floppyless iMac...
>>
>You don't need formatted samdisks on PC. It is possible to format
>floppy disk on the PC (of course), and then you can put the sad/dsk on it.
>You can look to my web page for more information.

Depends exactly what he's using them for... the raw .dsk files are all very
fine and well for use in SimCoupe, but I suspect Gavin is trying to use the
disk images in a real Sam, so they really need to go on a more solid medium.

Gavin - if it helps, I've got a (really quite quickly hacked together) Mac
program which will let you [retrieve files from | store files in] a .dsk
image... that may or may not be useful, depending on exactly what you're
trying to achieve!

I *think* something very similar exists for other O/Ss already... but if
someone wants to look at my source, I can put it up somewhere. There's just
a couple of functions which will need to be changed in order to run it on
other platforms...

>I would be really happy if someone will convert at least teledisk files to
>sad/dsk (The Lyra III etc.).

The Lyra 3 is already there in .dsk format. That was done weeks ago. I
know, because I did it myself.

>(As you know, you cannot assign one suffix to several programs in Win32.
>And since Win32 is the main op.system in the world, we should follow its
>rules.)

If everybody took that attitude, there's no reason to be on this mailing
list...

Andrew

--