> Love the new WinCoupe - made me take a trip down memory lane today and
play
> some old SAM games.
>
> Sphera is still as terrible as it always was. Bit like a demo with a small
> game bolted on.
;-)
Okay, it's your opinion.
In my opinion Sphera, although it's not too funny, is still better than 90%
of games ever made on Sam.
My shit-favourites include Future Ball, Defenders, Sam Strikes Out, and all
those hundreds of really stupid "games" written in Basic. (Of course there
are also reasonable games written in Basic, I'm not insulting Basic.)

As I've seen on Sam parties in my country and around me, the no.1 here is
Snake Mania (by E.S.I.). Similarly to no.1 smash-hit Tetris 2 (by Fuxoft) on
ZX Spectrum. (What's interesting: Both these games were made outside UK.)

I probably wrote this already, but I must note that really big bunch of
:games: made in UK were really terrible. Not in graphics or sound, but in
absolutely missing playability.

> Which got me thinking - what was the WORST commercial SAM game? I played
> Vegetable Vacation loads of times because it looked so damned good, but i
> dont ever remember enjoying it!
>
> Any opinions?

Alright. Vegetable Vacation is my favourite shit too. ;-)
You can also count all action games on Sam - none of them is enjoyable of
funny. Maybe Prince Of Persia has superb graphics and music, but isn't it
quite boring?
Similarly Escape From The Planet is quite funny, but who has ever seen the
original (japan?) video game, he can't accept this buggy and "light" version
with weird controls and no artifical intelligence of those strange-looking
robots. Again: NO AI, no fun. In this scope Prince is much better, since is
almost the same as the original game on PC, incl. AI.

Aley

(I expect this is another discussion which will bring tens of mails to
sam-users.)