The original unautorised relase - Mr Pac - was much more fuin, even though
it was the exact same game. But just BECAUSE it was Pac Man on SAM it made
it all the better.

I sometimes wish some of the SAM authors (and sometimes people here on this
list) would take more of a risk with their titles - why not release Mr Pac?
Why change the name? Which company is realisticly going to sue a tiny game
manufacturer selling perhaps thirty or forty copies of a game when the court
costs alone could outwiegh the costs that could be gained by contesting a
legal action?

Similarly, why not just copy World of Spectrum by publishing EVERYTHING that
wa smade for teh SAm on a website for downloads, and taking it down when
asked by the authors. You may call me disrespectful to the original authors,
but what's the point in holding hth ecopyright to software in a market where
there is no money to be made anyway? Surely better to give the whole lot
away and keep this feeble SAM scene going?

I've been arguing this for years, and I get the usual private email abuse
for suggesting it - so go on, do your worst!

Johnna