Just to change the subject quickly, on Ebay currently,
I see someone is selling all of their Sam stuff,
including 91 games and the machine (currently £16).

I have to add that it's not mine!

Curiously, whoever is selling it labeled the Sam a
"Games Console". Not heard it called that before. ;-)

As for the accelerator, I think I remember seeing that
in action. Am I right in thinking it affected the
screen refresh slightly and there was the odd line
across the screen, possibly where the ASIC didn't gain
access to the video RAM in time? (I'm pretending to
know how Simon's design worked!)