Wow, strong sentiment! For the last couple of years, Voyager used to air at 4
or 5 pm EST, and I recorded or watched it daily. It was amazing because I
wasn't a big fan, and probably had only seen two-thirds of the eps. So it was a
very new shows in many ways to me. I came to like it more, but never loved it.
Things like the over reliance on Seven--who was even shown as a better martial
artist than fighting expert Tuvok--the minimization and castration of Chakotay
as a strong character, Harry Kim being treated like a stereotypical smart,
harmless Asian eunuch--it all irritated me. Like you, though , I enjoyed a few
arcs. I didn't like "Unimatrix Zero" because it went too far for me. The whole
idea of this alternate world where the real personalities of the Borg gathered
was just overkill, as I was really tiring of the dependence on the Borg. I did
like "Year of Hell", I liked the eps when they crew was put into a WWII
scenario and hunted by the Hirogen (sp?), and I liked almost any ep focusing on
the Doctor.
The ending didn't bother me as much as Enterprise's, though the use of time
travel again(!) had me spewing vitriol! WTF was B&B's fascination with time
travel?
My other only complaint with the Voyager finale was that I wanted to see what
happened *after* they got back to Earth. I'm a big fan of the story behind the
story. What about Chakotay and the other Maquis? Were they subject to a court
martial, then pardoned? Was he brought up on charges? Did Janeway have to speak
for them? What did Seven do on a planet of billions of illogical beings? What
was Tuvok's reunion with his wife like? Tom's with his dad?
A big opportunity missed for a great epilogue....